1) Prince – While classmates were going crazy for Madonna and Mariah Carey, Prince was the one artist who was continuously present for the major milestones in my life. Even though his artistry was usually perceived as eccentric, his musical genius was undeniable. With his sudden passing, I dug out his CD’s this past week and relived my life, captured through his music. Mahalo, Prince.
2) Spending Time with the Parentals – I flew to Honolulu on Tuesday to go to doctor appointments with my mom and when we were done, we escaped to Pearlridge for lunch and a bit of shopping before heading over to the airport. Although I can be happy being with them anywhere, the hospital is becoming the norm, so getting out is always a good thing.
3) Friends – If you don’t know by now, I have the best friends. I don’t have a lot of them, but the ones that I do consider my closest friends, know everything about me and continue to stand by me and make me laugh. What more could I ask for?
4) Gardenias – My two little gardenia bushes are blooming like crazy, so I pick the blossoms and put them in my office. It’s definitely great to be able to enjoy their beauty and fragrance all day, everyday.
5) Fresh Food – This past week, I was reminded how awesome it is to live on Hawaiʻi Island, where we are lucky enough to enjoy locally grown and made food. From pitaya bowls to tacos, eating local was never so amazing.
6) Hula – I’m back to learning more hula and ecstatic. Dancing allows my spirit to shine through and when your work and school lives are a bit dry, an artistic outlet is always necessary. Although I don’t compete, this video briefly shows what happened behind the scenes for one hālau this past year and although it looks like a lot to endure, dancers continue to love hula.
7) Korean Skincare Samples – Okay, as silly as this sounds, those little beauty samples I get when I buy my favorite skin cream and collagen eye patches are lovely. I’ve enjoyed different foam cleansers, lotion, and other skin creams this past week and they’re always a nice change from my usual regimen.
Want to see what other people loved about their weeks?
Weekly Small Pleasures #85 – A New Life Wandering
Weekly Small Pleasures #8 – The Wandering Feline
This Week’s Small Pleasures: episode 6 – THISTLES AND KIWIS
Weekly Small Pleasures – The life of a 40 something
Find us on social media outlets and get to know the Holoholo Girls better!