Through the years, I’ve collected quotations. They are always the salve I need to get through difficult times, the inspiration to persist, and the gasoline to keep the euphoria of a good mood going.
One journal is filled with quotes I’ve found since high school, however I’ve since moved on to a Pinterest board of quotes and other sayings. It’s faster to save on Pinterest, but the act of writing a quote onto a piece of paper involves actually saying or thinking the words as I physically put it to paper. I’ve noticed that the latter results in quotes “sticking to my gut”.
My all-favorite quotes are:
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to to dance better than myself.” -Mikhail Baryshnikov
- “Simplicity is the key to brilliance.” – Bruce Lee
- “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
Do you have a favorite quote? What quote inspires YOU?
April is the start of the A to Z challenge. Check out other blogs participating in this challenge at: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com